Monday, January 18, 2016

The best day I've ever had

I had the best day this year in summer holidays. It was the first day of Camp California and I had to wake up really early because I had a bus to catch. Camp California is in Croatia about six to five hours long drive from where I live. My mum and I had a small breakfast and then we went to a parking lot outside Ljubljana where a bus was waiting for the kids from Slovenia that were going to Camp California.
At first I didn't know what to do but then I met a friend from my dance practice on the bus and we started talking so it was really fun. After six hours we came to Camp California, there I got my bracelet and I met Leasha and Kirsty who were going to help me and six other girls from my cabin. After that I chose a bed and as I was unpacking my stuff, two other girls came into the cabin. They were really friendly so we started talking. In a few minutes there was an announcement that swimming tryouts were starting. We got into our swimsuits. The swimming test was really easy because they just had to check that we can swim. Then we had to change out of the swimsuits and it was time for lunch. The food was really good.  There were so many choices that it was just incredible. While we were eating, I got to know my counselor and the girls I was staying with in the cabin a little better. After that we got some time to just sit and read or play board games. Time passed and before I knew we had dinner, which was amazing, and the whole camp had a meting and counselors had to represent their countries. After that we had a shower, got dressed and then we went to bed.

This day was something really special for me because I got to meet new people from all around the world.
Ajda, 8. b

No comments: