Wednesday, April 08, 2020

Time for poetry

Here's a poem inspired by a current situation we are in: 


Virus
There is something in the air,
you cannot see it, but is there.
Is it just something in my head?
A dream while I am lying in my bed.
But most people here,
are completely paralysed by fear.
What could this strange thing be?
Take a microscope and let us see!
Oh, it is something round in there,
Covid 19 everywhere!
Pia, 8. a

The following poems were inspired by William Carlos William's poem This is just to say

I have picked
the yellow sunflowers
that my grandma planted
in the backyard

and which
she was probably
saving
to feed the birds

forgive me, grandma
they were such a wonderful gift
for my mom.
Zoja, 8. a

I have drunk              
the cola                    
that was                       
in the fridge

and which                              
you were saving                 
for a party

forgive me    
it was so good                                
so cold                                 
that I’ve drunk it all.
Andraž, 8. a

I have eaten
the chocolate
that was on
the shelf

and which
you were saving
for yourself

don't forgive me
thank me
it tasted awful.
Jože, 8. a

And here are some other poems, probably inspired by poet's feelings: 

Colours od Life

No one is perfect.
Relationships are not just sunshine.
Friendships are not all true.
But that does not mean that
only bad exists inside us.

People will always say to you,
Find good people and
leave the bad ones.

But this is not right.
We should say, find the good
in people and try to ignore
the bad in them.

Because no one is perfect.
White and black
Are everyday colours of life.
 Eva, 8.a

Everyday beauty

When we wake up
we think:
"It’s just another,
boring day."
But, is it really?

We’re always in a rush.
We never stop
and observe,
the beautiful environment
that surrounds us.

Just one look
through the window
and you’ll
capture the nature:
beautiful,
colourful,
wonderful.
Nina, 8. a

Death

It hurts a lot.
It hurts my feelings. 
You can't be replaced. 
you can't be misplaced. 

Come back, come back to me. 
I swear you will be proud of me.

Now you are free, 
so please come to me. 

I can't see you anymore. 
I can't hear you anymore. 
But I will always remember you, 
as you gave me the power to
to stay happy even when you are not here. 
Jan, 8. a



No comments: